I've been meaning to try this recipe for awhile and even though I'm not really a fan of chocolate cake...this delicious monster was just too incredible to pass up. Adapted from Kevin & Amanda.
- 1) Mix all ingredients except chocolate chips together.
- 2) Mix in chocolate chips (will be thick)
- 3) Spoon evenly between two round 9-in pans.
- 4) Bake about 25 minutes at 350 degrees, test with fork or toothpick, don't overcook.
Frosting & Assembly
- 1) Beat softened butter with 2 c. powdered sugar in large bowl until smooth.
- 2) Slowly add cake mix and rest of powdered sugar, and vanilla.
- 3) Add in whipping cream and cream until smooth. Refrigerate.
- 4) Once cooled, frost top of first cake and then place the second cake on top and frost top and sides of that one.
- 5) Sprinkle with toppings and refrigerate.