Step 1 – Separate into three balls and dye different colors, knead in the color until desired saturation
Step 2 – Pinch of a small piece of each ball and roll into 2 inch logs
Step 3 – Roll out sugar cookies
Step 4 – Roll cookie dough until its about a foot long
Step 5 – Twist log until colors are fully alternated
Step 6 – Roll dough inward until fully coiled and looking all lollipop-ish
Step 7 – Coiled cookies
Step 8 – Paint edible shimmer on with a paintbrush
Step 9 – Sprinkle cookies with colored sugar
Step 10 – All Pretty and decorated
Step 11 – Poke stick directly through center, but don't let it pop out top. Make sure it isn't exposed on top
Step 12 – Refrigerate briefly so cookies keep shape while baking, Bake at 350 for 10-11 minutes. Cool before packaging.
Package or gobble up as desired.
Sugar Cookie Instructions
- 1) Cream butter and sugar together with mixer until smooth.
- 2) Add in eggs, vanilla, and almond and stir until smooth.
- 3) Slowly add in flour, baking powder and salt, stirring until smooth with each addition.
- 4) Roll into three balls
- 5) Sandwich dough between two sheets of wax (or parchment) paper and roll until 1/4 in. thick
- 6) Refrigerate in sheets for an hour or until firm.
- 7) Follow photo instructions above for lollipop assembly.
NOTE: I used the same dough for both my fall cookies and my lollipops so I cut leaves out of each of the 3 sheets of dough and assembled the scraps into three balls that I used for the lollipops. Using this method/recipe it yielded 8 lollipop sugar cookies.