Aw Pannekoeken! A delicious dessert or magnificent breakfast! In our case, it was a delicious dessert after a meal of homemade spaghetti. My first time enjoying a pannekoeken (a dutch pancake) was about a year ago at a place, suitably named, "Pannekoeken!" in Minneapolis, MN (where I live). I had another a few weeks back for lunch and I now here I am making my very own! Success:) Pile on anything you like, fruit, sugar, cinnamon, chocolate, whipped cream, cheese and more! It's so yummy!
- 1) Whisk eggs together.
- 2) Whisk in milk and salt.
- 3) Beat in flour until smooth.
- 4) Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- 5) When it's half way preheated, heat the butter in the pan.
- 6) Make sure the butter covers the entire pan then pour mixture into the pan and bake in middle rack for 20-30 minutes or until it starts to puff and turn golden brown.
- 7) Serve hot with your favorite toppings!
Heavy Whipping Cream Instructions
- 1) Beat heavy whipping cream for a few minutes until is starts to thicken.
- 2) Add in remaining ingredients and beat until smooth and has reached desired consistency.