Bread Pudding! How I love thee! I never expected to like bread pudding, but one day back when I was slinging pie at Betty's Pies in Two Harbors I took a daring leap, and tried the bread pudding. It had raisins, but I picked around them. Best part? The amaretto sauce! That stuff is to die for, and so is this. I've had other bread puddings with a thick creamy white sauce and they're good, but they aren't this good! Adapted from here.
Breading Pudding Instructions
- 1) Remove bread crusts and tear bread into pieces and place in large bowl.
- 2) Whisk eggs, then stir in sweetened condensed milk.
- 3) Add vanilla, sugar and cinnamon and whisk until smooth.
- 4) Add sauce to bread and mix with hands until completely soaked and mixed together.
- 5) Mix in rhubarb.
- 6) Pour mixture into 8x8 greased pan and bake at 350 for about 30- 40 minutes.
Amaretto Sauce Instructions
- 1) melt butter on stove top
- 2) Stir in powdered sugar until melted and smooth.
- 3) Pour into whisked egg yolk whisking constantly.
- 4) Heat mixture over stove again for a few minutes stirring constantly.
- 5) Remove from heat and stir in amaretto liquor. Pour over a heaping slice of bread pudding!