What a full weekend! I made these adorable little cupcakes to serve at a fundraiser Kristina was doing to raise money for children in Honduras. She is studying global studies and going to Honduras next month to build a jungle gym for kids at an orphanage. I wanted to do a fun little bite size treat with a spring theme and came up with these darling little cupcakes with a fresh fruity flavor and a delicious buttercream frosting.
- 1) Mix cake mix and dry ingredients together.
- 2) Add in water and oil and stir completely.
- 3) Add rest of ingredients and stir until completely combined.
- 4) Use a 9x13 pan and cover with tin foil. Then cover the top with a layer of tin foil and poke 12 holes in the top placing a cone in each hole.
- 5) Spoon batter up to division of cone shape.
- 6) Bake at 350 for 12-16 minutes until slightly golden brown on top.
- 1) Beat the butter until smooth and the milk and vanilla.
- 2) Slowly add dry ingredients until smooth and add more milk as needed.
- 3) Pipe frosting on cupcakes, sprinkle with decorative sugar and top with a small piece of strawberry.