I've recently developed an affinity towards hazelnut coffee with just a healthy dose of milk and cream...per someone's obsession and influence. I then thought of the great idea of putting coffee in my favorite: cupcakes and the idea just kept getting more and more elaborate and delicious. On a last minute whim, I added the raspberries, what a perfect contrast in both color and flavor!
- 1) Brew coffee, or make in a french press as I did and add cream. I added a few tbsp.
- 2) Add creamed coffee, eggs, and softened butter to cake mix and stir until well combined.
- 3) Spoon 3/4 full into mini cupcakes liners, sprinkle with brown sugar/cinnamon mix and lightly stir.
- 4) Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes
- 1) Stir brown sugar and cinnamon into melted butter.
- 2) Spoon a small amount over top cupcake and spread over top.
- 1) Combine softened cream cheese with butter
- 2) Add liquid ingredients
- 3) Sir in powdered sugar and spices.
- 4) Once cupcakes are cooled, poke a whole in the center and remove a little of the middle. I used the big end of an icing tip. 5) Place a small spoonful of filling into hole.
- 1) Combine room-temp butter with powdered sugar, adding one cup at a time until smooth.
- 2) Add in cake mix
- 3) Add in 2 tbsp. of coffee mix and stir until smooth.
- 4) Refrigerate for 1/2 hour.
- 1) Pipe frosting onto cupcakes.
- 2) Sprinkle with brown sugar/cinnamon mix
- 3) Top with a raspberry