This was my first torte and positively heavenly! I was intimidated at first because of all the ingredients and process, but man was this worth it. The creamy texture and perfect flavor combination made this dessert sinfully delicious. This recipe was found on Annie's Eats. Love her stuff!
- 1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Crush oreos into fine powder..
- 2) Fold in butter and salt with a fork until oreos are completely coated.
- 3) Grease a round 9 in. pan and coat bottom and sides with a thin layer of oreo mix pressing into pan with a fork.
- 4) Bake for 10 minutes and then set aside to cool.
- 1) Beat 2 c. heavy cream in large bowl with a whisk extension until soft peaks form.
- 2) Add in 1/4 c. of the powdered sugar and beat until firm peaks form.
- 3) Move to separate bowl and refrigerate until needed.
- 4) Replace whisk extension with paddles and beat cream cheese with remaining powdered sugar in bowl used for whipping cream until smooth.
- 5) Stir in 1/4 of the whipping cream with spatula to lighten mixture
- 6) Add in peanut butter, milk and mousse into mix stirring with spatula until smooth.
- 7) Slowly add in rest of whipping cream mixture and stir until smooth.
- 8) Soon into cooled crust until heaping and smooth surface with spatula.
Chocolate Ganache Instructions
- 1) Heat bittersweet chocolate over medium heat in double boiler ( or in a heat-resistant bowl placed inside water) until melted, stirring often. This will only take a few minutes.
- 2) Boil 1/2 c. whipping cream and add to melted chocolate.
- 3) Stir until smooth and spread evenly over top of torte.
- 4) Sprinkle with peanuts and more chocolate chips if desired.
- 5) Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight before eating. Enjoy!