I greated my guests in my witch outfit and offered them a poison apple!
Vanilla Latte Cupcakes ( because I hate candy corn;)
Trick or Treat? Treat!
Ghiradelli white chocolate, and a drizzle of milk chocolate, yum!
I made my own caramel! And it actually was the correct consistency I've always tried to accomplish. Basically I just used every ingredient I'd ever seen used in caramel recipes. It's delicious and so are these bites!
My sister and her friend dressed up for Halloween as Mario & Luigi and modeled my Halloween cupcakes before heading out for a little midnight fun! Then the girls came over to sample the goods and watch Alfred Hitchcock presents. We had a spooktacular time! The treats were super delicious:)
Vanilla Latte Cupcake Instructions
- 1) combine dry ingredients and stir until smooth.
- 2) Add in alcohol and water stirring until smooth.
- 3) Add lime, oil, and sour cream stirring until smooth.
- 4) Mix in eggs.
- 5) Separate into five bowls evenly.
- 6) Add several drops of gel food coloring to each bowl and stir until color is fully blended.
- 7) Scoop small tsp of each color into liner until 3/4 full.
- 8) lightly swirl top with toothpick (just a little so you don’t blend the colors to brown).
- 9) Bake at 350 for 15-18 minutes.
Vanilla Latte Cupcake Frosting Instructions
- 1) Beat slightly softened butter until smooth
- 2) Slowly add in powdered sugar and cake mix, stirring smooth after each addition.
- 3) Add In vanilla and milk alternating with dry ingredients.
- 4) Divide frosting into 3 bowls, dying orange, yellow (& leaving last one white).
- 4) Pipe on cooled cupcakes yellow base, orange center and white top.
- 5) stick a candy corn in the top (optional/ because most people don't like candy corn, it's only for decoration!)
Sugar Cookie Instructions
- 1) Cream butter and sugar together with mixer until smooth.
- 2) Add in eggs, vanilla, and almond and stir until smooth.
- 3) Slowly add in flour, baking powder and salt, stirring until smooth with each addition.
- 4) Roll into three balls
- 5) Sandwich dough between two sheets of wax (or parchment) paper and roll until 1/4 in. thick
- 6) Refrigerate in sheets for an hour or until firm.
- 7) Cut out cookie shapes
- 8) When dry, ice cookies.
Caramel Apple Bites Instructions
- 1) Cut up apples and drizzle white part with lemon juice.
- 2) combine all caramel sauce ingredients in a large pot stirring constantly over med-low heat for about an hour.
- 3) Caramel will be thick, but not sticky or unstirrable.
- 4) Spoon caramel over apple bites.
- 5) Melt white chocolate and drizzle over bites.
- 6) Melt milk chocolate and drizzle over bites.
- 7) Let set and pick with toothpicks, serve.
- 3) Spoon over sliced apples