While I'm on my cake batter kick...I decided to make truffles. Originally just chocolate chip cookie dough with the plan of stuffing them with cake batter frosting. Well, this evolved into cake batter cookie dough (after finding this recipe.) and chocolate chip cookie dough truffles. They are easy, fun and cute! Especially as pops. But of course... I love anything with cute packaging and cake batter in the title.
- 1) Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- 2) Add in cake mix, flour, salt, and vanilla and mix completely.
- 3) Add in tbsp. of water one at a time until batter has reach cookie dough consistency.
- 4) Roll into 1 inch balls.
- 5) Refrigerate 1-2 hours, or until firm.
- 1) Poke balls onto sucker sticks.
- 2) Dip in candy coating.
- 3) Sprinkle with sprinkles.
- 4) Place in mug in fridge until dry.
- 5) When hard, put desired truffles in mini cupcake liners and wrap remaining in sucker plastic, tying with ribbon. Keep refrigerated! Best if served cold:)